Tuesday, March 31, 2009

peaceful, spiritual life by sidestepping their left brain

aphasia stroke healthsouth scottsdale friends

"Denny - a stroke survivor and deal daily with a speech disorder called Aphasia.  This disorder is a result of my stroke in 2005. (my photo)

I am thankful God has given me the ability to express myself through my images and films "

Denny Carr, Photographer and Video Artist
BIKE !!!! hase lepus trike (stroke-paralysis)
age 61 eco-friendly no-car

Speakers Jill Bolte Taylor: Neuroanatomist


Brain researcher Jill Bolte Taylor studied her own stroke as it happened -- and has become a powerful voice for brain recovery.

Why you should listen to her:

One morning, a blood vessel in Jill Bolte Taylor's brain exploded. As a brain scientist, she realized she had a ringside seat to her own stroke. She watched as her brain functions shut down one by one: motion, speech, memory, self-awareness ...

Amazed to find herself alive, Taylor spent eight years recovering her ability to think, walk and talk. She has become a spokesperson for stroke recovery and for the possibility of coming back from brain injury stronger than before. In her case, although the stroke damaged the left side of her brain, her recovery unleashed a torrent of creative energy from her right. From her home base in Indiana, she now travels the country on behalf of the Harvard Brain Bank as the "Singin' Scientist."

"How many brain scientists have been able to study the brain from the inside out? I've gotten as much out of this experience of losing my left mind as I have in my entire academic career."

Jill Bolte Taylor

Jill Bolte Taylor's powerful stroke of insight

Jill Bolte Taylor on the Web

Website:Jill Bolte Taylor's homepage

Webcast:
Jill Bolte Taylor on Oprah's Soul Series

Book:My Stroke of Insight

No comments:

Twitter

steetsblog.blogspot.com

    follow me on Twitter
    Blogo is a weblog editor for Mac OS X designed for speed and ease of use. Blogo is easy for beginners, but powerful enough for probloggers. Now with Twitter and Ping.fm support!

    Social Bookmarking

    US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003

    Child - Global Warming vs. Poverty

    human right

    Trikes Bike

    My photo
    Denny Carr, MFA Photographer and Video Artist BIKE !!!! hase lepus trike (stroke-paralysis) age 61 eco-friendly no-car "I am a stroke survivor and deal daily with a speech disorder called Aphasia. This disorder is a result of my stroke in 2005. I am thankful God has given me the ability to express myself through my images and films." For more information, visit these websites: http://www.azimagery.com/

    you biked health active

    heaven = bike green

    usa earth=auto pollutants

    usa environmentally friendly ???

    usa environmentally friendly ???
    Walk, cycle, public transportation

    grand canyon

    grand canyon